Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

I know for a lot of people, 2009 is a year they wouldn't mind forgetting, but for me it was pretty darn good. Last January Devan and I were living in an apartment in Taylorsville. Devan was going to school at SLCC and working at the Driver License Division and I was working at 4Life as a phone rep. We were both teaching the 7-8 year olds in Primary.

Nothing really changed until March. In March I applied for a promotion to Distributor Services Trainer and I got it! That was a really good move for me, I love it! Also (I'm not sure if it was February or March) Devan and I started looking for a house.

In May I was called to be YW Camp Director and shortly thereafter we found the house we wanted. We had a great realtor and a great lender so the process of buying a house went really quickly once we found the one we liked. We actually ended up moving before Girl's Camp but we stayed in our old ward until camp was over. We moved into our new house the middle of July and camp was the first week of August.

In our new ward I was hoping for a little bit more of a low-key calling. At that point I didn't want to plan anything big, something like teaching or playing the piano was what I wanted and I actually got it. In September I was called to be the Laurel Advisor and Devan got the more challenging calling- 1st Counselor in the YM Presidency!

Devan's calling has been challenging with school and work happening at the same time, but it's been a good experience for him. I enjoyed my calling while it lasted, but it didn't last long. In December I was released and called to be the YW President (I wrote about it in a previous post)!

2009 has been a year of many challenges but they have all been good. I am very happy with the direction our lives are going and I can't wait to see what the new year has in store for us!

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Ashlee and Ethan said...

Cute blog treasa! Glad you had a fabulous 2009!