Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sad Day

Grandpa Turley (my dad's dad) passed away yesterday morning. A few weeks ago, he went to the hospital for the first time in his life and found out he had a bunch of heart problems. He needed open heart surgery but they decided he wouldn't live through the surgery so they sent him home so he could have a little bit of comfort. I still can't believe it, it doesn't seem real at all. Friday I will be flying out to Missouri for his funeral and I'm sure it will hit me then. He is such a wonderful grandpa, I will miss him so much. He has like 70 grandchildren and he was still able to know so much about each one of us and make us all feel loved. I hope I can be as good a person as he was. He was a great example to all who knew him. I know he is in a better place and I know I will see him again and I can't wait. It will be such a happy day! I'm so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the knowledge that my grandpa will be resurrected and I can be with him and the rest of my family for eternity.

No comments: