Monday, December 22, 2008

I hate cars!

Ok, so two months ago we got a new car and less than a month ago, we switched insurance companies from Progressive to Geico cause it was almost half as much. Well, last Thursday I was driving to work in a snowstorm. I am an excellent driver and I had no problem the whole way. Until I got to the parking lot area of my work place. It hadn't been plowed at all, there was a few inches of snow with ice underneath it. I started to slide so I tried to use the breaks and they locked. I tried to steer the slide, but the steering wheel wasn't behaving properly either. I ended up slamming into a curb and I guess I pretty much took out the whole undercarriage, enough to cost $1500 anyway. The car is currently in the shop. It is repaired but we can't pick it up because we are waiting for the insurance company to pay. Unfortunately we don't have a spare $1500 around Christmas time so we are without a car until they get things inspected and approved. And we can't get a rental car either. We do have rental reimbursement, but they will only reimburse until the car is repaired. Since its already repaired, the rental money would have to come from us. So we're having an interesting Christmas this year.

4 comments:

jjertmann said...

That seriously stinks. Bad.

Emily said...

That sucks Treasa. I hope you get it figured out soon. Let me know if you need a ride anywhere.

Julie And Adam said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry you guys! That totally stinks!

Stephanie said...

BUMMER! Is it out yet?